Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Its a Party!!

My last few posts have been...well, a little bit like a sacrament meeting talk. So, I promised myself that I would keep my next post more simple.

We just celebrated Caleb and Caitlyn's birthday this past Sunday and it was a lot of fun. Because it was Sunday, we tried to keep it a pretty low key, well...at least we tried. As is the custom, we fed the missionaries dinner before the party started. We tried pork chops for the first time and they didn't turn out that bad...Anyway, after dinner, some of the kids friends from the ward came over to join us for some cake and a few little party things. We asked everyone to please not bring gifts because, well, our kids already have too much crap they don't play with.

Caleb and Caitlyn both have been talking about their birthdays for months now. We tried to give them both their own party, even though we were combining them. Caleb's was a Blue's Clues theme and Caitlyn's was a Barbie theme. We had the kids decorate some bags with stickers, crayons, etc, so they would have something to put the candy in from the pinata. After the mad dash for the candy (see the pics), we had the kids blow out the candles on the cupcakes and unwrap the few presents that we had for them.

Anyway, it was fun...enjoy the pics! If you click on the picture, it will open up a larger image so you can see it better.


Here I am with Ellie waiting for the craziness to begin. It is nice to actually get a picture of myself with the kids every once in a while...usually I am the man behind the camera but this time I had one of the missionaries taking the pictures.


Here are the kids decorating their bags before busting up the pinata.


More craziness at the table decorating bags. There was some real art being created!


Joshua just keeps on growing. Even though he isn't quite two yet, he keeps up with all the kids that are older than him just fine.


More action at the tables. I absolutely love the fact that we are able to have the missionaries over every Sunday. I love my kids being able to see them and be around them.


Here is Caitlyn heading to the pinatas..looking a little worn out!


I cannot believe that he is 8 years old....Happy Birthday buddy, you are such an example to me. Thank you for being you and for the joy you bring to our home through you happy spirit.


Here we are preparing to bust open the Barbie pinata. Katie sees something wrong with mercilessly beating the tar out of figures that our children watch on TV...so we get these wuzzy pull-string kind...I guess it is better to pull on Blue's tail until his guts bust open and his entrails (in the form of candy) fall out then beat him till his head falls off...


Here is Blue...with all his entrails still in his body. He has no idea what is about to happen. Poor little puppy.


If you are a dentist, this is what you call job security. I actually had to kick the missionaries out of the fray as they were stealing all the kids' candy. They said they were just getting the bubble gum, but we all know you can never trust the missionaries. :-)


I just took this picture earlier this evening. I think the kids love it when Dad is in charge of dinner. I had a clear strategy. Bring out the pool, make them play in the water and sun for 2-3 hours, order pizza that we would eat on the lawn with all plastic ware, put the kids to bed early and enjoy a quiet evening. Well, the first part went well, the pizza was good, Caleb and Caitlyn went to bed early, but Joshua didn't go to bed until 11pm! He misses his mommy, he kept asking for her (she is in Utah right now for her Grandpa's funeral).

-Cim

No comments: