Friday, June 8, 2007

Fun in the Sun

Hello again! Well, I just got done uploading the pictures on our camera from the last month or so and thought I would post some of them here. If you want to see all the pictures, click here!

Also, in case you were wondering...the heat in New York is A LOT different than in Utah...it may be only 85 degrees, but when it is at 90% humidity it is suffocating! Of course, it doesn't help that I am fat....

BTW, I have been listening to a band called Fall Out Boy a lot lately...I just purchased the CD they released last year (I already have their most current one), and I have to tell you, these guys are freaking AWESOME! I have a hard time not just cranking the radio everytime I put on their CD. I would highly recommend checking them out...speakers beware!

Anyway, here are the pictures


Here is Ellie and Taylor (Sterling and Stephanie's little boy) sitting on our couch after Sunday dinner. They were born 11 hours apart, but Taylor definetly is the bigger of the two! Ellie is looking festive in her Memorial Day outfit that Katie got for her from Children's Place.


What would summer be without time in the pool. The kids love to have the slide go right into the pool. Truthfully, I have no idea how they don't break bones on a daily basis, but somehow, they get through it unscathed and they love it. We love it because it completely drains all their energy and they go to bed early...it is a win-win!


Joshua and Caitlyn are both so fair skinned, we have to cover them in spf 50 sunscreen...BTW, in case you hadn't noticed, Joshua is a freaking rock!


Caitlyn doing a half-gainer off the slide...Joshua is overseeing the entire performance and making sure there is ample water in the pool. Gotta love cooperation!


Summer Saturdays are full of swimming lessons and trips to the park. I am trying to find a park without any swings as they only serve to make me tired (from pushing them for an hour) and not the kids (who just scream, "Daddy, push me!"). This is one of the Saturdays when I was actually home!


Joshua is just cruisin....

Joshua and Ellie, after all the fun in the sun, getting ready to go to bed. To say that Joshua is a fan of Elmo would be an understatement...


I love this picture of Ellie. It really illustrates her personality! She is such a fun and good natured little girl (unless she is hungry).


Caleb is a great big brother. Ellie just loves him and he loves to play with her and make her smile and laugh.


Katie and the kids at a local zoo...again, another fun summer thing to do. The kids are all at the age where the zoo is a total blast for them (except for Ellie). Personally, I only go to the zoo to watch the kids get excited...

Caleb at the zoo pondering off into the distance, wondering where Mom is....

Joshua loves the zoo....loves it! When I got home from work, he literally spent about 5 minutes talking to me about it (which is long for a 22 month old)! I couldn't believe he remembered the names of so many animals!
Aside from a sweaty back and face, summer is also a great time to build family memories. My mom and dad taught me that and we are trying to do the same for our children!
-Cim

No comments: