Thursday, October 23, 2008

Road Trip: Day 2

Well, my goal with today's post is to TRY and make it interesting (to quote Lauren's comment). I don't know how to make a 2,000 mile road trip in 2.5 days interesting, but we are doing the best we can. :)

We decided yesterday to put in as much time as we could today and we almost made it half way. We traveled 962 miles today in just over 15 hours (including a 30 minute lunch) and made our stop tonight in St. Louis, Missouri. Here is the progress on the map.



We started off in Paramus, NJ, after a restful night at the luxurious Holiday Inn Express. Here is dad in the car..if you look closely, he is actually wearing a seat belt! Sure, it only lasted a few hours, but hey, it was a small victory for those of us who worry about him never wearing one.



Here is a picture of what the first half of our drive looked like through Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and most of Ohio. Trees and hills.



Here is a picture of what the second half of the drive looked like. Few trees and flat.



We made a quick video after about 10 hours...because we were bored and worried that we wouldn't be able to keep Lauren entertained with our post tonight.

Here we are on our arrival in St. Louis.

Another full day on the road tomorrow! We still have about 19 hours left, I am not sure how much we will get in tomorrow, at least 10 hours, maybe more... Time to go to bed!!


-Cim

2 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

VERY INTERESTING I MUST SAY! haha. I love it!! The videos are a GREAT ADDITION!! I am sad this is only 2 days long, I could take a week of this. I think you should drive back to NY..maybe take a less direct route..j/k! I am impressed with how much you drove today, I would have slit my wrists by now!

lauren said...

I say one little comment- and I just get crap the rest of the day! Just Kidding! I LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE IT!! That is what I am talking about! THANK YOU for making it interesting. ha ha. It actually is quite a fun post! Makes us all feel like we were along for the ride.... minus the tailbone in your shoulder blade thing.... Keep up the effort! you can do it!!