Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Road Trip: Day 1


Well, as many of you know, as part our relocation to Utah we needed to drive one of our cars from New York to Utah. Always looking for an excuse for a road trip, Dad was more than willing to make the trip with me. I thought it would be fun to keep a daily log of our trip on our blog.

So, today we flew from Salt Lake to Newark to pick up the car. We left Mom and Dad's house at about 8pm. We actually passed the moving truck carrying our stuff from NY on the way to the airport! Anyway, I was sure we would hit traffic (used to New York driving I guess), but we made it to the Salt Lake airport in less than 30 minutes. We arrived, parked, checked in, and were through security in no time. We had a little breakfast at the Dick Clark cafe in the airport...nothing like powdered eggs before a flight...yuck!!



The flight was good, very bumpy, but no real problems. Dad and I sat on aisle seats opposite each other so we could sit "next" to each other but still have aisle seats. Dad read an entire 200+ page book and didn't move once during the flight. I read several chapters of my Clive Cussler book and then finished watching movies on my video iPod.

Once we arrived in Newark, we didn't check any bags so we went right to the car and headed over to Yankee Stadium. Dad wanted to see the old stadium before it is demolished in a few months. Dad isn't a big fan of the Yankees, but loves baseball and its history. We walked around the stadium, took some pictures, and grabbed Dad a piece of the wall of the stadium.





We then met up with Ammon in the city for dinner at a great little Mexican restaurant called Salsa y Salsa. Dad had enchiladas and tried mole for the first time and I had a Chile Relleno which was excellent. Now, I am a little nervous that we both had Mexican food before our first day on the road...



From there, we headed to our hotel in Paramus, New Jersey. This will be the starting point of our trip.



We will be getting up tomorrow morning and heading out! Look for another update tomorrow!

3 comments:

lauren said...

good luck! I will be checking your blog to see how it goes.... and TRY to make it interesting...ok?!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I LOVE THAT YOU ARE Documenting this!!! I am excited! PS Dad takes the best pictures! Good luck on the road!

Kris said...

First of all...so sorry about such a long trip. Second of all, I LOVE Clive Cussler. You should try Jack DuBrul next...