Sunday, July 15, 2007

Fourth of July

Yes, I know the Fourth of July was a few weeks ago, but I thought I should post a few pictures of what we did for the holiday.

Originally, we had planned a pool party for the kids followed up by a nice barbecue on the grill for the adults. However, the morning greeted us with overcast skies and cooler than anticipated weather. Pool party cancelled.

At least we were able to get our family pictures taken care of. Please know that the idea for matching shirts was Katie's and not mine.

Shortly after the family pictures were taken, it began to rain. It was a light rain at first, but before long it was raining buckets. I was not about to let a little rain slow me down, so I grabbed an umbrella and worked the grill. All were fed and went home semi-soggy, but happy.

A few days later, we went up to West Point for their annual fireworks show. It was impressive to say the least and I remembered how cool big fireworks shows were. We will be going next year.


Here is our family picture. Notice the matching shirts....and the bumper of the car on the left side of the picture. It is actually a very nice picture, I can't believe that all the kids are looking in the direction of the camera.


Katie and Ellie in a candid shot after the family picture.


Joshua is a very good big brother to Ellie. He can be a little rough, but he means well.


Joshua hanging out next to the fence covered in bird turd.


Joshua is your typical active two-year old...he loves to play!


Caleb loves to play ball and he got a Spiderman football for his birthday which he completely loves. You can't be over at the house more than 5 minutes without him asking to play catch with you. Great little kid!


Caitlyn and Ellie, the sisters!


Rain was not going to stop the cookout! The hard part was the smoke that would get trapped by the umbrella and sting my eyes.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures! We are heading to our little vacation in upstate New York this next week, so I will be posting more pictures soon!
-Cim

3 comments:

lauren said...

Such a gorgeous family!! I can't wait until I can actually meet ellie.... Tell caleb we can play catch anytime- I miss them tons! Katie, you look beautiful. Happy Day to you all!

Aunt L

Unknown said...

Your blog is so good! I love your stories! The pictures are so cute! I actually get to meet my neice in August! I dont think you understand how excited I am!! I took Thursday 23rd & Friday 24th off, so hopefully the Tomsiks won't mind if I tag along with you guys!!
Ps. Your wife gets more gorgeous everytime I see her, could her skin be more perfect?! I can't wait to see her either!
love you!
Mari

Cim Carver said...

Well...if you expect me to disagree with your comment about Katie looking more beautiful everyday, you would be wrong.

I am very blessed to have the family that I have...and to have the family that I was born into.

Love you guys!